Sprint Review Meetings are held at the completion of each Sprint. The purpose of the meeting is to inspect the results of the Sprint and adapt the Sprint Performance Dashboard metrics and value for next Sprint, if needed. During the Sprint Review Meeting, the team and invited attendees discuss what they achieved during the Sprint, what they need to improve upon in the upcoming Sprint and any obstacles or challenges that may keep the team from meeting its overall objectives. Based on this collaboration, as well as any changes to the Sprint Performance Dashboard during the Sprint, the team determines the next metrics that need to be incorporated to the upcoming Sprint to optimize performance and produce wins. This is an informal meeting and the purpose is to gather feedback and foster transparency among the team.
The Sprint Review Meeting is a four-hour meeting following each Sprint. The Agile Sports Consultant ensures that the Sprint Review Meeting takes place and that everyone understands its purpose. The Agile Sports Consultant ensures that the meeting stays within the four-hour time frame.
The Sprint Review Meeting involves the following steps:
- The lead analyst invites the team and key stakeholders to the Sprint Review Meeting;
- The lead analyst presents which Sprint Performance Dashboard metrics were achieved and which ones were not;
- The lead analyst presents potential new areas for improvement, and/or new analytics to observe and evaluate;
- The players discuss what went well during the Sprint, what challenges they faces, and how those challenges were overcome, or will be resolved in the upcoming Sprint;
- The lead analyst discusses the Sprint Performance Dashboard as it stands, and projects the likely performance targets necessary to be met in order to reach team goals;
- The entire group collaborates on how it will collectively, and individually, meet performance goals in the upcoming Sprint, which becomes an input to the Sprint Planning Session;
- Review of fan and management approval of the product that the organization is putting on the court;
- Discussion on any risks (changes, distractions or obstacles) that may keep the team from reaching its goals. This allows teams to address off court issues that could potentially affect team chemistry and gain buy-in on how issues will be handled.
The result of the Sprint Review Meeting is an updated Sprint Performance Dashboard that defines the probable performance goals for the next Sprint. The Sprint Performance Dashboard may also be adjusted to reflect changes that occurred in the previous Sprint or anticipated changes in the upcoming Sprint, such as trades, lineup changes, injuries, etc.
How mature is your team’s analytics program? Take the Sports Analytics Maturity Assessment.
Learn all about Sports Analytics here.